Self Introduction

   Hi, my name is Kayli Jurvakainen. I have a large family so therefore, family is very important to me. Also, my friends play an important role in my life. My mom's name Kristina, but goes by Kris and my dad's name is Jon. My friends and family are are the people I can go to for help or condolence anytime I need it. My mom especially plays a big role in keeping me motivated in school. I am almost a full Finn. All four of my great grandparents came to America from Finland. Although I am very close to a full blood Finn, I know very little of the language.

  Some of my hobbies include a lot of things outdoors. Hiking, swimming, and just exploring new places are what I love to do. This summer I went to Montana where I got to explore and tour Glacier Park. I've been there multiply times but I haven't gotten to explore the things I wanted to. It was a trip with my friends. I also love to go shopping and do all that kind of stuff with my friends.

   Some of my favorite books are, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Catcher in the Rye, and The Little House on the Prairie. I like to listen to a variety of music so I don't have a favorite music group of musicians I listen to. The biggest inspiration in my life is my mom. My sister's as well but my mom never fails to give me encouragement and help as I need in life. 

   When I think about my future, my goals can be a small as getting through a class period or even to just get through a day. One goal I have that is still kind of short term is to graduate high school with my AA degree. I don't know for sure where I will go with this degree but it will be nice to have if I do decide to further my education. Another goal I have is while I'm working toward my AA degree, I want to achieve good grades, to get all my work done and try my best always.

   Goals aren't only short term, one can also have long term goals. Some of my long term goals are to get a good paying job that I will love. This more than likely will mean that I will have to continue schooling after I graduate. There aren't many jobs that pay good with my interest that don't require further education. I've have thought about possibly going to be a dental assistant or hygienist. This is a job that interests me. I guess as I continue to work toward my AA degree and take different classes, something could come up that I'll very interested in. Until then, I want to work hard and keep my eyes open for different opportunities.

Comments